By Anil Fernando
A novel and well timed primer to the 3DTV method chain from trap to display
This ebook examines all points of the 3DTV chain, from catch to display. It is helping the reader know about the most important matters for 3DTV technology. It additionally offers with a platforms point appreciation of 3DTV structures, and an figuring out of the elemental rules in the back of every one a part of the chain. on the finish of every bankruptcy, the writer offers assets the place readers can study extra concerning the know-how coated (e.g. extra concentrated textual content books, key magazine papers, and key criteria contributions).
- Provides a basic and systematic advent and outline of 3DTV key suggestions, which building up the full 3DTV process from seize to buyer viewing on the home.
- Addresses the fast relocating box of 3D screens that's attracting expanding curiosity from and academia.
- Concepts within the booklet can be illustrated utilizing diagrams and instance photos of processed 3D content. The 3D content material should be offered as second photographs within the book.
- Authors to host web site delivering tips that could additional information on the net, freely to be had instruments which might let readers to test with coding video, simulate its transmission over networks, play it again in 3D, and degree the standard and hyperlinks to big information and advancements within the field.
Read Online or Download 3DTV: Processing and Transmission of 3D Video Signals PDF
Best telecommunications & sensors books
The 1st booklet on Prognostics and healthiness administration of ElectronicsRecently, the sector of prognostics for digital items has got elevated realization as a result strength to supply early caution of procedure mess ups, forecast upkeep as wanted, and decrease lifestyles cycle bills. in keeping with the subject's becoming curiosity between undefined, govt, and educational pros, this publication offers a street map to the present demanding situations and possibilities for learn and improvement in Prognostics and future health administration (PHM).
Energy caliber (PQ) indices are a strong device for quick quantifying PQ disturbances. additionally they function the foundation for illustrating the damaging effect of electric disturbances on elements and for assessing compliance with the mandatory criteria and suggestions inside of a regulating framework.
Info is equipped for choosing the correct circuit breaker for a selected program. This urged perform is helping the appliance engineer specify the kind of circuit breaker, scores, journey services, components, recognition exams, and upkeep standards. It additionally discusses circuit breakers for specified functions, e.
- Undergraduate pupil taking a direction? - Graduate scholar getting ready for the qualifiers? - teacher searching for a concise precis of the fabric? - operating in and wish to check the basics? signs and platforms Made Ridiculously easy provides the center thoughts and functions of signs processing and linear procedure concept in a transparent and concise layout.
- Inverse Problems for Electrical Networks
- Build your own free-to-air (FTA) satellite TV system
- VoLTE and ViLTE: voice and conversational video services over the 4G mobile network
- Radar Handbook, Third Edition
Additional info for 3DTV: Processing and Transmission of 3D Video Signals
14. Following this introduction, the book works its way through the 3DTV chain, starting with the capture of 3D video in Chapter 2. 2), and the camera technology currently available to perform the capture. Following capture, some image processing steps are often required. First the videos must be rectiﬁed and colour matched to prevent visual fatigue and to enhance the efﬁciency of multi-view video compression. Finally, depth must be extracted. 2. The captured and post-processed video is incredibly large, and therefore compression, as discussed in Chapter 3, is essential.
This prevents users from adjusting the presentation of the 3D video for comfortable viewing. The frame compatible stereoscopic video format has been selected for use in the ﬁrst generation of 3DTV systems. Its principal advantage is that the two views are packed together within a single video frame. This means that the format is compatible with most existing digital television systems, as no change of resolution or frame rate is required to support 3D. g. in consecutive frames Compatible with existing 2D transmission systems, video decoders and 3DTVs.
Also, the use of 3D glasses in many mobile scenarios is likely to be inconvenient for users of the service. 4 for a more detailed description of this technology), which often require that the viewer positions themselves within a ‘sweet spot’ to view the video in 3D. Commercial mobile devices with 3D displays are already starting to ﬁnd their way to the market. Although not a mobile phone, Nintendo’s 3D DS portable games platform is an interesting example of a small device with a 3D display. Manufacturers such as Samsung and Nokia have already begun to produce experimental mobile phones with 3D capability.